Akkawi cheese, with its dazzling white color, smooth texture, and mild salty taste, is one of the most popular cheeses in Middle Eastern and European cuisines and may be considered an essential component of many dishes. When paired with vegetables, you get a breakfast or a sort of appetizer that is high in vital nutrients, and when mixed with various desserts, you get a great flavor that is enhanced by its exquisite creaminess. If you combine it with some fruit, you will undoubtedly have a delicious nutritious dish that combines sweet and savory flavors.
Akkawi cheese, which originated in the Palestinian city of Acre, is a type of cheese prepared from pasteurized cow, goat, or lamb's milk. It has a neutral flavor and does not dissolve quickly, allowing you to use it in a variety of dishes.
This sort of cheese is highly popular throughout the Levant, especially Palestine, Syria, Egypt, Cyprus, Jordan, and Lebanon. It is also commonly served for breakfast or supper with bread and vegetables. Its texture is comparable to that of mozzarella and feta cheese, making it an excellent choice for admirers of fried cheese.
Its most notable attribute is that it can be preserved in brine or soaked in olive oil for up to a year. That is, you may buy them today from our online store and use them in sweet and savory meals over the next 365 days. Below, we will present to you 2 of the akkawi cheese recipes.
Akkawi cheese recipes
If you are really considering using akkawi cheese to produce some tasty recipes, you should be aware that it has 262 calories per 100 grams. It also adds 21.4 grams of fat and 14.3 grams of protein to your meals. As for carbohydrates, do not worry, you will get only 3 grams of them.
This implies that 100 grams of delectable Akkawi cheese will provide you with 36% of your daily fat need, 13% of your daily protein requirement, and 13% of your daily calorie requirement, on top of enhancing your body's intake of calcium and vitamin A.
Biscuit cheese balls
They are small and tasty bites that may be made as a gourmet appetizer for any occasion. You may also make it the night before, place it in the refrigerator, and take it out an hour before serving to bring it to room temperature.
This dish does not require expensive ingredients or a lengthy preparation procedure; it may be made in as little as 15 minutes. All you'll need are pieces of bacon or pastrami, akkawi cheese, minced garlic, and a salty cracker.
If you own:
- 8 slices of bacon or pastrami.
- 8 ounces of Akkawi cheese.
- One teaspoon of garlic powder.
- A teaspoon of red pepper.
- A pinch of salt.
- A little shredded cheddar cheese.
- 18 pieces of salty biscuit sticks.
- Pinch of black pepper.
- Crushed nuts.
- Fresh minced garlic.
- A handful of finely chopped pecans or parsley.
You can start preparing this recipe by following these steps:
- Cook the bacon or pastrami, chopped into tiny pieces, in a nonstick frying pan for minutes until crispy, then remove and drain on a paper towel.
- Combine the akkawi cheese, cheddar, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and paprika in a mixing bowl.
- The cheese is then shaped into tiny or medium-sized balls and stored in the refrigerator for an hour until firm.
- Next, in a flat tray, combine the bacon, grated walnuts, minced garlic, pecans, or chopped parsley, and dip the cheese balls in it before placing in a serving dish.
- The biscuit fingers are then inserted in the cheese to make a lollipop shape and served.
Strawberry with cheese mousse
It's an excellent dish for a fast and nutritional snack or dessert. They are strawberries that have been filled with a tasty cheese mousse that has been sweetened with biscuit crumbs. It's a recipe that's easy to make and that looks incredibly cool for kids.
You will need:
- Fresh strawberries.
- Akkawi cheese at room temperature.
- Powdered sugar.
- Labani cream for desserts or full fat milk.
- Pinch of vanilla.
- Biscuit crumbs for garnish.
However, you may adjust the filler to suit your needs. If you like chocolate, you may add cocoa powder. If you like a citrus flavor, add some lemon juice or orange peel.
You may alternatively serve this dish by cutting strawberries in half and topping them with cheese mousse. Make strawberry hollows and fill them with mousse or use raspberries instead of strawberries. They are all various methods to serve, yet they all have the same delicious taste.
Now, Let's get started on the recipe.
In fact, I prefer hollowing out the strawberries rather than chopping them in half for this dish. You can complete this recipe in just 3 steps:
- Clean the strawberries and hollow them out.
- In a food blender or large mixing bowl, combine the cheese mousse ingredients (cheese, powdered sugar, cream, and vanilla) and transfer to a pastry bag.
- Fill strawberries with mousse and top with crushed biscuits.
Finally, you can get fresh akkawi cheese from a legitimate source without having to look for it in numerous places by visiting our Al-Nahda website, which provides you with a list of various sorts of goods that are trusted for their origins and excellent quality. You may acquire fresh and tasty cheese from our online store to test in recipes from diverse Arab and foreign cuisines, while assuring a distinct flavor and quality.