- May 03, 2022
- 0 Comment(s)
Two Mouth-watering Halloumi Cheese Breakfast Recipes
It’s time to try something new, the possibilities are endless when it comes to the tasty Halloumi Cheese. It’s a very famous cheese made from sheep’s or cow’s milk, it is distinctive in its salty taste, soft touch and light white color. Halloumi Cheese is a very flexible ingredient that can be used in various delicious recipes. In this article, we are going to discuss two appetizing Halloumi Cheese recipes for breakfast that are quick and easy to make in minutes!
Quick and Delicious Halloumi Cheese Recipes
For the dough:
- 4 ½ cups of sifted flour.
- A glass of warm milk.
- ½ cup of warm water.
- ⅓ cup of butter, cut into small cubes.
- 1 ½ tablespoon of sugar.
- 1 ½ teaspoons of instant yeast.
- Egg yolk.
- A tablespoon and a half of water.
- 2 teaspoons of salt.
For the filling:
- ½ kgs of halloumi cheese, cut into small cubes.
- 1 chopped onion.
- 2 cloves minced garlic.
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into small cubes.
- 1 green bell pepper cut into small cubes.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- ½ teaspoon of cumin.
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Fresh parsley, chopped.
- Salt and black pepper to taste.
- To enjoy this unique Halloumi cheese recipe, start by heating some oil in a pan.
- Add the onion, garlic and pepper and stir for 10 minutes.
- Then add the cumin, cinnamon, salt and black pepper and mix well.
- Proceed to add Halloumi cheese and chopped parsley, stir well, then turn off the heat and set it aside.
- Then, in a large bowl, put warm water, sugar and yeast, stir well, and set them aside for 8 minutes.
- After that, add milk and butter and stir well, then add flour and salt and knead to get a solid and soft dough.
- Leave the dough in an oiled bowl and cover it and leave it in a warm place for an hour or until it rises.
- Cut the dough into 8 even pieces and roll them into ovals about 16*25cm each in size.
- Divide the cheese mixture among the 8 balls, putting cheese at the center of each and leaving a space around the edges.
- Fold the edges such that it covers a part of the filling
- Put the pies in an oven tray covered with parchment paper and insert the tray in a preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until they take on a golden color.
- Serve and Enjoy the infamous Turkish Pide Pie alongside your favorite drink!
- 1 grated zucchini
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ a pack of Halloumi cheese, cut into medium slices
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon of fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a non-stick pan, preheat olive oil and put the zucchini with a little salt and stir till it withers.
- Proceed to add mint and chopped dill and let it cook for another minute.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with salt and black pepper, then spread them over the zucchini, without stirring.
- Spread the halloumi cheese slices on top and leave them on the heat until the edges are browned.
- Place the frittata under the grill in the oven for 5 minutes, until it takes a golden color
- Serve hot and enjoy it as a delicious halloumi cheese recipe.
Lastly, after we presented you with two distinctive and tasteful Halloumi Cheese dishes, Nahda offers you fresh halloumi cheese in a 500-gram package at an affordable price and excellent quality.