- Aug 28, 2022
- 0 Comment(s)
Tasty and healthy fresh cream
Whether you add it to your coffee, favorite dessert dish or use it to cook your lunch, fresh cream is an essential component that must exist in your kitchen. Fresh cream is a milk-derived dairy product. It is produced by processing and sterilizing milk at high temperatures before packaging. It contains only 18-25% milk fat and is therefore suitable for both sweet and savory dishes.
Since fresh cream is a dairy product, it contains important nutrients that your body needs to function. For example, Fresh cream contains proteins, vitamin A and vitamin D, and minerals like calcium and phosphorus. Vitamin A for example is essential for promoting eye health. The minerals found in fresh cream help promote the number of red blood cell and minerals like phosphorus and calcium help in the maintenance of bone health.
Fresh cream is relatively low in carbohydrates, just like any dairy product. Two tablespoons of fresh cream only contain 0.9 grams of carbohydrates. On the contrary, Fresh cream is rich in fat, with almost 10.8 grams of fat in just two tablespoons, which is almost 10 times the carbohydrates found in it, but if used in moderation, fresh cream can turn any ordinary dish into a healthy and tasty dish.
However, fresh cream is not just consumed for its health benefits but for its substantial ability to make other healthy foods more appealing and satiating. A bowl of tomato soup, for example, is delicious and nutritious, but add a spoonful of fresh cream and it becomes much more indulgent-tasting and filling. Plus, the fat in fresh cream makes the vitamins A, E, and K in the soup more bioavailable.
Recipes using fresh cream
From making your favorite party drink to making lunch to your family or friends, fresh cream is a multipurpose ingredient that can help elevate your food or even drink from great to greater. There are different ways you can use fresh cream in your kitchen, so stay tuned while we tell you how to below!
Fresh cream sandwich
The fresh cream sandwich is one of the most common ways that fresh cream is used. Some enjoy the fresh cream sandwich for breakfast or even as a quick easy to make snack. This recipe takes minimal effort and time to make, which makes it one of our personal favorites. This recipe is only going to need a few ingredients, so follow below to know more.
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cream
- 1 finely chopped bell pepper
- 1 finely chopped large tomato
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 medium finely chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon of powdered pepper
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Salt as required
- On the four slices of bread, spread butter evenly.
- In a bowl add the fresh cream, bell pepper, powdered pepper, onion, carrot and salt and mix well.
- Then, scoop the mixture in the bowl and spread it over the butter covered bread and toast the bread in a toaster for five minutes.
- Cut the bread diagonally into 2 triangles and serve hot.
Chocolate ice cream
Ice cream is everyone’s favorite dessert to eat, especially during the summer, and with the ideal mix of chocolate and fresh cream, you can get one of the best chocolate ice creams that you’ll ever taste in your life! This dessert only takes 10 minutes to prepare and another 10 minutes for cooking. Below, we will provide you with the needed ingredients and method to prepare this desert in just 20 minutes.
- 1 cup of grated dark chocolate
- 2½ cups of milk
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of corn flour
- ½ cup of fresh cream
- 2 drops of vanilla essence
- In a small bowl, combine corn flour with 2 tablespoons of water and mix well then set aside.
- In a broad non-stick pan, combine chocolate and a ½ cup of milk and cook on low for 2 minutes while stirring continuously then set aside.
- Mix the remaining 2 cups of milk and sugar in a different broad non-stick pan and cook on medium heat while stirring continuously for 5 minutes.
- Then, add the corn flour and water mixture to the pan and cook on low for another 3 minutes while stirring repeatedly
- Add the chocolate mixture and allow to cool down completely.
- Add the fresh cream and vanilla essence once the chocolate mixture has cooled down completely and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into your preferred contained and cover with aluminum foil and let it sit int the freezer for 6 hours or until the mixture is firm.
- After that, take the mixture out of the freezer and blend it completely.
- Then place the blended mixture back into the containers and cover in with aluminum foil and leave in the freezer overnight or for at least 10 hours,
- Scoop the ice cream and serve.
Honey mustard chicken thighs
This recipe is an easy to make recipe, to make use of fresh cream in savory dishes. Using fresh cream in this recipe will allow you to have creamy tender chicken thighs that only take 30 minutes from pan to plate. You will find below the ingredients needed and the method to prepare this dish.
- 6 Chicken Thighs (bone in, skin on)
- ¾ cup chicken Stock
- ½ cup of fresh cream, at room temperature
- 100g Pancetta (canned sub bacon)
- 2 finely diced shallots
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- Few sprigs of fresh thyme
- Olive oil, as needed
- Salt and black Pepper as needed
- Drizzle a large nonstick skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat. Fry the chicken thighs skin side down until crispy. Season generously with salt and pepper, then flip. Reduce the heat to medium, season again, and fry until the center is white. Remove from the pan and drain any excess fat.
- Fry the Pancetta until it begins to brown. If there is any excess fat, drain it (a couple of tablespoons is fine), then add your shallots and fry until soft. Add garlic and fry for a minute or so longer, just until it catches color.
- Add in the chicken stock, fresh cream, honey, and mustard. Allow to simmer with the thyme until it begins to thicken. Season to taste, then return the chicken thighs to the pan until it reaches the desired color and consistency.
- Serve with your favorite garnish.
Fresh cream sandwich, chocolate ice cream and honey mustard chicken thighs are just few out of many ways that you can use fresh cream. So, if you are looking for premium quality fresh cream, delivered directly to your doorstep, make sure to visit our online store (Al-Nahda).