- May 08, 2022
- 0 Comment(s)
Musakhan Chicken Recipe with Palestinian Olive Oil from Middle Eastern Cuisines
This recipe comes to you straight from the land of beauty, bravery and down-right delicious food! The land of healthy pure olive oil, the beautiful nation, Palestine. Musakhan is a tasty oriental meal that you can find in every Palestinian household, prepared with premium extra virgin olive oil and tastes like a piece of paradise. Suitable for lunch and dinner and cooked in every Palestinian or Middle Eastern occasion as it is a perfect meal for social gatherings. Musakhan is made in various ways and many ingredients are switched up in concentration. One thing’s for sure though is that Palestinian Olive Oil is the main inseparable ingredient in this delicious recipe.
Here is a quick and easy Musakhan Recipe with Palestinian Olive Oil that you have to try now!
Without further ado, let’s start with the ingredients:
- 1 chicken, divided into quarters.
- 2 Tablespoons of Palestinian Olive Oil
- Juice of a lemon
- 1 ½ teaspoons of ground sumac
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Salt to taste
- 4 red onions, finely chopped
- Flat Pita Bread
- ¼ cup of toasted pine nuts
- ½ cup of chicken stock
- First thing you want to do is clean your chicken well, don’t turn on the faucet directly on the chicken as you can risk spreading salmonella on your surfaces. Rather, fill up a bowl with water and gently rinse your chicken inside thoroughly until your chicken is clean.
- Feel free to repeat the previous step until you feel the chicken is fresh and ready to be cooked.
- Then proceed to remove the excess fat from your chicken quarters.
- The next step is preparing your spice mixture. Mix together your sumac, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Set aside 2 teaspoons of the mixture and add to the remaining mixture the lemon juice and stir well.
- Rub the spice mixture into the chicken and massage really well. Then allow the chicken to marinate for as long as 24 hours.
- Pour a little bit of olive oil in a frying pan, and stir the finely chopped onions in it until it takes on a golden-brown color.
- Then place the chicken into the frying pan, along with half of the chicken stock and the two teaspoons of spices that were set aside earlier.
- Cover the pan and let it cook for about 30 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, you’re going to want to preheat your oven for about 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a baking sheet on an oven tray and place the cooked chicken over it, putting the sauteed onion mixture on top of it.
- Cover the chicken and onions with an aluminum foil and pop them in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- The next step is preparing an oven dish by lightly brushing it with olive oil.
- Then lay the pita bread on it and add the remaining half of chicken stock on top.
- Take out the chicken from the oven and place it on top of the pita bread and cover with the onions.
- Put the oven dish back into the oven for about 20 more minutes until it is browned and tender.
- Take it out, cover it with pine nuts and serve it as one of the most delicious and oriental Palestinian dishes made with olive oil.
- Enjoy the authentic taste of Palestinian Musakhan with your family and friends.
This Musakhan recipe can also be made with meat, according to your preference. You can always change up ingredients and switch up flavors to taste. Get creative with your meal! Musakhan is enjoyed for its tender meat and distinctive Palestinian olive oil taste. Cooking it will have your neighbors knocking on your door for a taste! It is only one of the endless delicious lunch recipes cooked with extra virgin Palestinian olive oil. Palestinians and Arabs depend on this healthy oil to cook various oriental meals for its distinctive taste and bittersweet flavor. Rarely would you find a Middle Eastern lunch or dinner free of Olive Oil.
Now the question stands, where can we obtain quality premium Palestinian extra virgin olive oil? Surely to make this meal you need high quality ingredients from a reliable source. The fresher your ingredients are, the better the taste. If only there was a place where you can find all those ingredients with the best qualities and price; and there is! Look no Further, Nahda Grocery store offers you Premium Palestinian Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1L that you won’t find anywhere else in terms of quality and price. Order it now and have it delivered straight to your doorstep with no hassle!