- Aug 29, 2022
- 0 Comment(s)
Healthy paneer and olive oil
Paneer is a form of cottage cheese that can be used as a starter, gravy, or main dish. Paneer is a very essential part of the Indian cuisine, and other international cuisines as well. The best way to stay healthy is to eat healthy, and paneer cheese is a healthy yet tasty ingredient to be added to your diet. Did you know that paneer cheese can substitute for the nutrients that come from meat? This makes it the most suitable alternative for vegetarian people or people who simply just don’t like meat.
Health benefits of Paneer cheese
Can eating certain foods prevent you from developing cancer? Recent research suggest that the answer is yes! Paneer contains vitamin D and vitamin A, which aid the body in fighting off cancer, as well as proteins and sphingolipids that help in conquering cancers such as prostate and colon cancer at their developing stages.
Paneer cheese is a dairy product, and just like any dairy product, this type of cheese aids in the growth and maintenance of healthy bones. This previous is possible as paneer cheese contains calcium, which is essential for the development of strong and healthy bones, hance, consuming paneer cheese regularly can help protect you against bone diseases.
A lot of people have had trouble sticking to a diet, mainly because dietary food is known for not having the best taste ever, but what if we tell you that your diet can contain tasty paneer cheese? Paneer is made of easily digestible fats, which means that instead of your body storing it in form of fat, it will digest it and convert it to energy. Paneer is also low in carbohydrates, which can provide you with a tasty diet that guarantees weight loss.
Since paneer cheese is low in carbohydrates, it makes a great and tasty dish for diabetic people. It also contains magnesium which helps control blood sugar levels which is a great substitute if you usually sustain yourself from dairy products due to their high carbohydrates content.
To add to the amazing benefits of paneer, paneer cheese helps build a strong immune system, especially in children, if consumed regularly, as it stimulates the formation of hemoglobin and white blood cells. Along with Vitamin A and D, paneer contain vitamin B, which aids in building a strong memory and improves concentration particularly in people of young age.
Recipes using paneer cheese
Now that you know about the amazing benefits you can get from eating paneer, you must be wondering how you can use paneer to make lunch, dinner or even breakfast. Well, it’s a good thing that you are reading this article because if you tune in below, you will find some of the most intriguing ways to eat paneer.
Spiced pan-fried paneer
This recipe uses olive oil, paneer and easy to find spices. The healthy benefits of olive oil combined with the healthy benefits of paneer can provide you with a robust dish that you can enjoy with your friends and family.
- 7-8 ounces of packaged paneer
- 2 ½ tablespoons of olive oil, divided
- ¼ teaspoon of turmeric
- ½ teaspoon of ground coriander
- ½teaspoon of ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- Thinly slice the paneer, about ¼ to ½ inch thick. Cut each slice into 1-inch pieces after that. Place the paneer in a mixing bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, turmeric, coriander, cumin, paprika, and salt in a small bowl Drizzle the spiced oil over the paneer and toss to coat it. You may need to rub the spices into the paneer with your hands.
- Add 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat Add the paneer pieces and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown. To pan fry the other side, flip the pieces over. Cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Place the fried paneer on a plate. Paprika should be sprinkled over the paneer. If desired, top with chopped chives and a pinch of flaky sea salt. Serve over basmati or coconut rice.
Keto Lemon Pepper Paneer
Remember when we said that paneer is a healthy and tasty ingredient to add to your diet? Well, this recipe if for you. This recipe is easy to make, requires minimal ingredient and about 15 minutes of preparation time, and is filled with nutritional value. Tune in below to know how you can prepare it.
- 50 grams of paneer cheese
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 10 grams of Butter
- Parsley for garnish
- Slice the paneer into cubes and coat both sides with olive oil.
- Season with lemon pepper seasoning to taste.
- Fry until golden brown in a skillet.
- Serve garnished with parsley.
Now that you know how you can introduce paneer into your daily diet and the nutritional values you can get out of eating paneer, you can head to our online store (Nahda) to officially make paneer part of your daily diet. With just one click on your phone, it will be delivered right to your doorstep.