It’s no lie that Olive Oil is one of the healthiest and nutritious types of oils that is rich in benefits and good values for your body. It is also a tasty ingredient that adds a distinct flavor to your food. Olive Oil is a lightweight oil that is 100% pure and goes through several filtration processes. Scientists and nutritionists agree on the benefits of Olive oil to your skin, mind and body.
This article will touch on some of the endless benefits and nutritional value you can obtain by using Olive Oil in your food, and we will wrap it up with a delicious Olive Oil Recipe from Indian Cuisines.
- Olive Oil Fights Cancer
Extra Virgin olive oil has many antioxidants that contain properties used to fight several dangerous diseases, cancer included. Researchers made that conclusion because people who consume olive oil the most in Mediterranean countries are less susceptible to catching cancer. This fact was also proven by test-tube studies where they found that olive oil fights cancerous cells.
- Olive Oil is known to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis
Rheumatoid Arthritis is a painful disease where your own body cells turn against you, causing unbearable pain in your joints and semi-deformation. Scientists are yet to discover its cause however it has been proven that Olive oil seems to improve those who suffer from it. It is also most beneficial when it is combined with fish oil. This mixture is a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Olive Oil Contains Antibacterial Properties
Olive Oil is saturated with nutrients and resources enough to kill harmful bacteria. Especially the ones that inhibit your stomach and cause aches, ulcers and cancer. Studies have shown that Olive Oil can treat some bacteria that are immune to antibiotics.
- Olive Oil can protect you against heart disease
Heart Disease is one of the leading causes why people die from all around the world, being the most common disease. However, studies have shown that people who consume more Olive Oil are less susceptible to catching a heart disease. One of the reasons is because Olive Oil decreases heart pressure and prevents blood clotting.
- Olive is a strong anti-inflammatory
Chronic inflammation is the recipe of disaster, causing cancer, heart diseases, obesity and many other dangerous illnesses. Extra Virgin Olive Oil is known to fight inflammation and in return prevent those illnesses before they even occur. Olive Oil contains Oleic Acid which is the fatty acid that is said to reduce inflammation.
Now that we have discussed the importance of getting Olive Oil in your system, let’s introduce you to a delicious Extra Virgin Olive Oil Recipe from Indian Cuisines.
Indian Vegetable Curry with Olive Oil
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp of Garlic Olive Oil
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- 150g of sugar snaps
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 2 Tbsp of fresh dill & coriander mixture (chopped)
- 1 peeled onion cut into half circles
- 1 finely chopped green chili
- ½ tsp of chili flakes
- 2 ½ cups of vegetable stock
- 1 tsp of mixed turmeric, ginger, cumin and coriander (grounded)
- 1 Tbsp of tamarind paste
- 350g of cauliflower and broccoli (chopped)
- 100g of green beans
- 125g of sweet corn
- 1 ½ cups of coconut milk
- Fresh ginger, chopped finely
- The first step in cooking this delicious Indian recipe is to heat the extra virgin olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the sliced onion in the pan and season with some salt, stir until the onion softens up and takes on a slight change of color.
- Proceed to add the ginger strips and fresh chili and stir for a minute.
- Next step is to add the chili flakes and the spice mixture. Stir well for up to a minute before adding the coconut milk, vegetable stock, tamarind paste and sugar. Continue to stir.
- Bring the ingredients to a boil then add the cauliflowers and broccoli. Allow them to cook for 10 minutes then add in the beans and baby corn.
- Keep the vegetables cooking and check on them every few minutes making sure all the ingredients are fully incorporated and cooked.
- When the vegetables are all cooked and tender, add the sugar snaps and your seasonings to taste. When everything is hot and ready, turn off the heat and serve.
- This Indian dish can either be served topped on rice or next to Indian bread for dipping, delicious nevertheless.
- Serve with your drink of choice and enjoy it with your friends or family!
This recipe is only one of the hundreds of recipes you can cook with Extra Virgin Olive Oil to obtain its beautiful distinctive flavor and strong nutritional values. Extra Virgin Olive Oil is loaded with vitamins and antioxidants that can help you stay healthy and protected from disease. High quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil is hard to find sometimes, you need to buy from a trusted source as some products dilute the oil with water or other oils.
Nahda Grocery Store offers you 100% pure and saturated Extra Virgin Olive Oil either cold pressed or treated with heat. Our online store sells only the best qualities from the most reliable sources. Your well-being is important, don’t hesitate to look after yourself and buy our premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil to use in your recipes! All you have to do is click order and have it delivered straight to your home.