A common Egyptian cheese that is salty, spicey and creamy, Istanbuli cheese goes along with various foods and is widely used as a side dish.
It is very common in Egyptian households to have breakfast that is rich in oriental food on the table. One of everyone's favourite dish is the Istanbuli cheese. This savory dish is one of the main components of traditional Egyptian breakfast and is also everyone's favourite. It has became cultural to be served with flatbread or baguette, better known as Fino, on breakfast. Cucumbers, olives and even Jams are served sidelong with this savory dish. Certainly nothing beats its unique buttery texture and taste. Istanbuli cheese is not only a modern dish, this dish also goes way back to the middle ages and has also been a tranditional side dish for ancient Egyptians since 5000 BC.
Istanbuli cheese is basically made out of buffalo milk and seasoned with red chillies nad green pepper which gives it its unique taste of spice along with the cream. This explains how the side dish is everyone's go to as its both healthy and easy to put together. It is very convenient to keep alot of it stored up in your refrigirators in order to use frequently at breakfast, side dish for lunch and even for dinner. It is the quickest to prepare in any case. What makes it even more convenient is that you can easily find Istanbuli cheese at your nearest Nahda Store. Istanbuli cheese is a common dairy product that is rich in a number of vitamins and nutrients as well as phosphorus, zinc, calcium, fat and protien. It is very dense in nutritions that you should consider it as part of your daily diet. In order to help you get the best experience out of your istanbuli cheese stock, we have put together a few simple recipes that you can enjoy for breakfast or a quick afternoon snack. We recomment giving them a look and experimenting your different choices.
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
This specific dish can be made with diverse kinds of cheese like Mozzarella, Cheddar or Provolobe Cheese. Istanbuli cheese can also be used for its unique savory, spicey and creamy experience for your grilled cheese sandwich. You can mix and expermient with different types of cheese to find what suits you best. You can also top your sandwich with your favourite vegetable like sliced cucumbers, letus, tomatoes or even some pickles. Some may even munch on a bag of chips next to their grilled cheese sandwiches.
- 6 tbsp (3 oz.) unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp herbed Istanbuli Cheese
- 10 thick white bread or baguette slices
- 5 Cheddar cheese slices
- 5 provolone cheese slices
- 5 Mozzarella cheese slices
- STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 220C. Drop the butter on a baking sheet, and put it into the preheated oven until the butter disolves. Keep it there for almost 5 minutes.
- STEP 2: Carefully spread the cheese on the thick slices of bread. Set a slice of Cheddar cheese over the bread slice covered in Istanbuli cheese, and add a slice each of provolone and Mozzarella on every plain bread slice.But it back in the oven at 220C until the cheese starts to bubble and the bread turns brownish. Keep it for around 7 minutes.
- STEP 3: Take the slices out of the oven and make the sandwiches. Place it back into the oven and let it bake until the bread toasts and turnd goldern. It can take up to 3 to 4 minutes.
- STEP 1: Cut your bread into slices and toast them
- STEP 2: Cut thr avocado into thin slices along with the tomatoes. Spread the cheese on the bread
- STEP 3: Add some seasonings such as salt and black pepper or red chilli
- STEP 4: Add tomatoes and avocado on top of the sandwich and sprinkle with the salt and pepper
Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ cup warm water
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tbsp butter melted
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ⅛ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ⅛ cup fresh Istanbuli cheese