- May 03, 2022
- 0 Comment(s)
3 Finger-licking Nabulsi Cheese Recipes from Palestinian Cuisines
Nablusi Cheese is a popular cheese that is most used in Al-Sham countries, more specifically Nablus in Palestine. This cheese is made from sheep’s milk or it can also be made from a mixture of sheep and cow milk. Usually, after the cheese is done nigella sativa is added to it for preservation.
Nabulsi cheese is named after the city of Nablus in Palestine; it can be used in preparing many recipes such as sweets and pastries. It is also called the Nabulsi Konafa cheese owing to one of its most famous recipes the delicious Palestinian Nabulsi Konafa. In this article, we will discuss 3 fingerlicking Nabulsi Cheese recipes that are easy to make at home.
Nabulsi Cheese Recipes
For the dough:
- 3 cups of sifted flour.
- 2 tablespoons of powdered milk.
- 1 cup of warm water.
- 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- 2 teaspoons of yeast.
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
- ¼ cup of olive oil.
For the cheese filling:,
- Nabulsi cheese as much as desired.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
For the thyme mixture:
- ¼ cup of olive oil.
- ¼ cup of dried thyme.
- 1 tablespoon of water.
- In a mixing bowl, mix yeast, sugar and warm water and leave it to rest for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients which are flour, salt and powdered milk.
- Add the flour and oil to the yeast and sugar mixture and knead well using water when needed to get a soft and cohesive dough.
- Cover the mixing bowl and leave the dough in a warm place until it doubles in size.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Lay baking parchment in an oven tray.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal balls and roll each ball into an oval shape.
- Place the manakish in the oven tray and place the cheese mixture with olive oil or thyme mixture on top.
- Put the manakeesh in the oven for about 12 to 15 minutes, until the bottom turns golden.
- Serve hot and enjoy with your favorite drink.
- A roll of Algelash.
- 5 tablespoons of butter or ghee.
- 2 cups of Nabulsi cheese.
- 1 cup and a half of sherbet.
- Grease a tray with your ghee or butter.
- Lay the goulash sheets on the tray evenly and brush each chip with butter or ghee until you get through half the amount of goulash.
- Evenly Distribute the Nabulsi cheese on the goulash sheets.
- Put the rest of the Algelash on the Nabulsi cheese in the same way as before, greasing in between each layer.
- After that, put the goulash tray in the preheated oven until it is fully cooked.
- Then, remove the tray from the oven, pour the syrup on it, cut it and serve it warm and enjoy!
- 4 cups of flour.
- 4 tablespoons of sugar.
- 4 tablespoons of powdered milk.
- 2 tablespoons of bread flour.
- 2 tablespoons of ground anise.
- 1 cup of vegetable oil.
- 1 tablespoon of yeast.
- 1 pinch of salt.
- 1 ½ cups of warm water.
- ¼ kg of Nabulsi cheese
- Nigella for garnish.
- In a mixing bowl, sift the flour, add powdered milk, salt, yeast, bread flour, sugar and anise to it and mix well.
- Add to the mixture a cup of vegetable oil and start kneading, making sure that the oil penetrates through the entire dough.
- Then gradually add warm water to the dough and mix well.
- Leave the dough to rise for about 30 minutes or until it is completely fermented.
- Cut the dough into medium-sized balls.
- Leave the balls to rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll out each ball with your hand and stuff it with Nabulsi cheese.
- Close the dough well and roll it, then flatten it with your hand a little.
- Put the dough ball in a mold to get a desired shape, taking care to sprinkle a little nigella inside the mold before placing the dough to decorate it.
- Then lay them evenly on the baking tray.
- Place the fatoot balls in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until they are fully cooked, then serve warm and enjoy!
In order to perfect those recipes and achieve the best results and delicious taste, it is necessary to choose the best type of Nabulsi cheese and buy it from a reliable source. This is to ensure that your effort in preparing such recipes will not be wasted. Nahda is one of the best online stores in Dubai where you can buy high-quality Nabulsi cheese at an affordable price from the comfort of your home.