- Sep 03, 2022
- 0 Comment(s)
3 delicious ways to use Paneer cheese
If you consider yourself a cheese lover, then this one is for you! Paneer cheese is a type of milk curd cheese of Indian origins which is used in traditional dishes such as Spanish curry or also known as Palak Paneer.
Paneer cheese is the result of boiling and then curdling milk using acidic food ingredients such as lemon juice, buttermilk, citric acid, yogurt, or vinegar. After this step, the curdled milk turns solid and is then drained into a cheese cloth and turned into cubes by pressing it with a heavy object. This process though, is made without using any rennet.
In India, paneer cheese is mixed with other ingredients to make tasty and mouth-watering dishes as it is often used to balance the spiciness of spicy dishes or as an appetizer served with your favorite dish of seasoned vegetables.
Paneer cheese is not only known in India but also in different countries around the globe and you can easily order it from the comfort of your home with just one click on your smartphone, by visiting our online store, and it will be delivered right to your door step.
Recipes using Paneer cheese
There are more than 60 different dishes that can be prepared using paneer cheese, so, tune in below while we provide you with the recipes of the most common dishes that can be prepared used the tasty paneer cheese.
Palak is an Indian world which means spinach, which is basically the core the to this recipe, where paneer cheese is simmered in smooth, spicy, and delicious spinach gravy or sauce. This is a vegetarian dish that is easily prepared in 45 minutes. So, tune in to find out how this incredible dish is prepared.
- 14 ounces of paneer cheese
- 2/3 tablespoons of safflower oil
- Salt (by preference)
- 1 pound of spinach
- diced onions
- 2 tablespoons of minced ginger
- 4 minced cloves of garlic
- Serrano pepper
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons of garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- 1 ¼ teaspoon of kosher salt
- Start by slicing the paneer cheese into small cubes. Then place a frying pan over medium heat and add 1 ½ tablespoons of safflower oil into the pan.
- Place the sliced paneer into the pan and fry until it reaches a golden-brown color for about 2 to 3 minutes, and before flipping the paneer on the other side, make sure to add a pinch of salt for an enhanced flavor. After the paneer reaches the desired golden-brown color, transfer the fried paneer onto a plate.4
- To make the spinach sauce, bring about 3 quarts of water to a boil in a large saucepan, then add the spinach to the boiling water and cook for about a minute, or until all the spinach wilts. Then, remove the spinach from the boiling water and leave it to drain.
- Place the spinach in a food processor. For about 10 seconds, blend the spinach. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and blend for 10 more seconds
- Add 2 tablespoons safflower oil in a large skillet and place it over medium-high heat. Cook the diced onions for about 3 minutes, or until they begin to soften. Cook for 30 seconds after adding the minced ginger, garlic, diced serrano pepper, and cumin seeds. After that, add the garam masala, turmeric, and cayenne pepper. Stir until the dried spices coat the onions.
- Add the chopped spinach to the mixture in the skillet. Then stir in the heavy cream and salt. Reduce the heat to medium and cover the skillet with a lid. Allow the spinach sauce to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add the paneer to the spinach sauce. Then, turn off the heat. Then place the palak paneer into a dish and serve it with your preferred type of rice.
Paneer popcorn is an easy snack to make that can be served for kids while watching their favorite TV show or served at parties to entertain you guests with a tasty yet fun and easy to enjoy snack. The best part about this Paneer recipe is that it retains its tastiness even if you decide to store it in the fridge to be able to enjoy it later on in your day, on top of that, this dish does not contain a lot of spices which is great for people who do not like their snacks to be spicy.
- 250 grams of Paneer sliced into cubes
- ¼ teaspoon of Kashmiri red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon of dry parsley
- ¼ teaspoon of oregano
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- Salt according to preference
- ½ cup of gram flour
- ¼ teaspoon of ginger-garlic paste
- 2 to 3 pinches of turmeric powder
- A pinch of baking soda
- 5 to 6 tablespoons of water
- ½ a cup of breadcrumbs
- Add the required portions of paneer, Kashmiri red chilli powder, dry parsley, oregano, black pepper powder and salt in a mixing bowl and mix well until the paneer is covered with the ingredients.
- In another bowl, add the flour, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder and baking soda. Then add water to the bowl until a thick paste is formed and make sure that no lumps are formed during the mixing process.
- Dip the prepared paneer into the paste until it is soaked completely and then cover the coated paneer with breadcrumbs
- Add oil to a frying pan, set the heat to medium and fry the paneer until a golden color is achieved
- Serve the paneer popcorn next to your favorite dipping sauce.
Paneer cheese is not only used to make savory dishes, but also it is part of the tastiest desserts that you can eat. If you are bored with the traditional cheesecake recipes, then this recipe is for you. This dish only takes about 40 minutes to prepare, so stay tuned while we tell you how to prepare it!
- 200 grams of biscuits of your choice
- ½ a cup of melted butter
- 200 grams of paneer cheese
- ½ a cup of thick curd
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons of gelatin
- ¼ a cup of water
- 1 cup of whipped cream
- Prepare the cake can by lining it with cling wrap and set it aside
- Prepare the whipped cream and set it aside
- Crush the biscuits until it turns to crumbs then add the melted butter and mix well. Then, pour the mixture into the prepared pan and put it in the fridge till it hardens.
- Place the paneer cheese into a blender and blend it until it reaches a smooth, puree like consistency. Then, place it in a bowl and mix it with the condensed milk.
- Add gelatin into a bowl and add water and soak for 10 minutes then heat the mixture until the gelatin is melted. Then add the paneer mix and mix gently. After that, add the whipped cream to the mixture and mix gently.
- Spoon the mixture over the biscuits in the pan and leave in the fridge overnight. After that slice the cheesecake and serve it.