Cheese is one of those foods that come in different shapes and forms, each type has its own unique value, taste and uses. Low salt cheese is considered a favorite for children and adults. It is mostly prefered by those who love eating low sodium foods, suffer from health conditions such as blood pressure or follow a certain diet plan. Fortunately, low salt cheese is a flexible ingredient that can be used in several unique recipes that will entertain your appetite. Tune in for 3 delicious and healthy low salt cheese recipes straight out of Indian cuisines!
Delicious Recipes with Low Salt Cheese from Indian Cuisines
For the dough:
- 1 cup of Indian gram flour or chickpea flour.
- ½ cup of water.
- ½ teaspoon of red chili powder.
- ¼ teaspoon of turmeric.
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander.
- A tablespoon of oil.
- ½ teaspoon of salt.
- A pinch of baking soda.
For the cheese:
- 1 ½ cups of white cheese, lightly salted, cut into cubes.
- ½ teaspoon of hot red pepper powder.
- ½ teaspoon of garam masala spices.
- A pinch of crushed dried mango.
- ½ teaspoon of Indian chaat masala spices.
- A pinch of salt.
- ¼ a teaspoon of caraway.
- ¼ of a teaspoon of cumin.
- A pinch of dry coriander.
- A pinch of turmeric.
- In a dough bowl, mix the dough ingredients together well.
- Then, in another bowl, mix light salt cheese with hot pepper, spices and salt, and stir well until the spices completely cover the cheese.
- Dip the cheese cubes in the dough and fry them in plenty of oil until they get a golden color.
- Place the cheese pakora on a kitchen towel to get rid of excess oil, then serve hot and enjoy!
- 250 grams of wheat flour.
- 1 cup of yogurt.
- 1 tablespoon of oil.
- An appropriate amount of feta cheese, low salt
- 1 pinch of sugar.
- 50 milliliters of hot water.
- Salt and black pepper to taste.
- A pinch of baking powder.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients together, except for the cheese.
- Leave the dough covered in a warm place for 3 to 4 hours.
- Divide the dough into 4 balls and roll them out.
- Put the cheese in the middle of the balls and then shape them in the form of circles or triangles.
- Roll out the naan bread again with a rolling pin.
- Place the bread in the preheated oven at 260°C.
- Take the bread out of the oven and serve it hot and enjoy it with your favorite drink.
- 2 cups of flour.
- 1 teaspoon of instant yeast.
- 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- 2 teaspoons of powdered milk.
- 1 pinch of cheese, a little salt.
- 1 tablespoon of oil.
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder.
- 1 glass of water.
- 1 pinch of salt.
- Frying Oil
- Knead the flour with powdered milk, yeast, sugar, water and baking powder to get a consistency similar to the consistency of cake batter and leave it to ferment until it becomes double its size.
- Cut the cheese into medium-sized cubes.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin.
- Cut the dough into circles, then put a cube of cheese in it.
- Roll the dough into a ball.
- Fry it in the preheated oil until it turns golden.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Note, in order to guarantee the success of these recipes and reach satisfactory results, you must choose a special type of low salt cheese and buy it from a reliable source to ensure its quality and taste. Nahda is one of the UAE online stores that offer you high quality low salt cheeses at affordable prices to use in preparing your recipes.