Zaatar is a delicious famous plant that is used in the preparation of antibiotics and treats several body illnesses. Zaatar benefits include but are not limited to: treating indigestion problems, strengthening memory, and promoting the body’s general well-being. Throughout history, doctors and scientists have advocated for the Zaatar plant and that it can sterilise and cleanse the body, treat cold, cough and diarrhoea, and even relieves headaches and enhances virility. For this reason, this article discusses two of the most internationally delicious Zaatar recipes that are easy and quick to make.
Quick and Delicious Zaatar Recipes
This chicken Zaatar recipe is most suitable for a quick tasty lunch or dinner.
- 500gm of chicken
- A large onion cut into thin slices
- One and a half cup of Greek sauce
- 2 thinly sliced tomatoes
- 4 leaves of lettuce
- 4 loaves of Peeta Bread
- 1 tablespoon of finely ground Zaatar
- A tablespoon of dried Zaatar.
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- 2 cloves of finely minced garlic.
- A small spoonful of salt.
- A teaspoon of black pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken cubes, lemon juice, minced garlic, dried and fresh Zaatar, and olive oil.
- Season the chicken mixture with salt and black pepper, stir well and leave in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
- After that, preheat the oven grill for 5 minutes and put the chicken cubes on the skewers.
- Grill the chicken cubes for 15 minutes, turning them occasionally, until they take on a colour.
- Put the Greek souvlaki with Zaatar in a serving dish and serve it as one of the special Zaatar recipes
- Serve and Enjoy!
- A duck
- 1 cup of fresh fennel, sliced.
- 2 cups of chopped large onions.
- 2 cups of chopped small onions.
- 1 cup of celery, sliced.
- ½ cup of green olives.
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Zaatar.
- 1 tablespoon of dried Zaatar.
- 1 cup of chopped mushrooms.
- 4 cups of water.
- ¼ cup of olive oil.
- Salt and black pepper to taste.
- 2 cups of mixed vegetables (potatoes - broccoli - carrots - corn)
- In a frying pan on medium heat, add ¼ cup of olive oil followed by the chopped onions and stir until they wither.
- Add the fennel to the onions and stir well, then add a cup of celery with 5 cloves of garlic to them and mix them over the fire for 5 minutes.
- Proceed to add the mushrooms, green olives, and Zaatar to the mixture and stir very well.
- Add two cups of water to the pan, cover it and turn down the heat for about 15 minutes then turn off the heat.
- Season the mixture with a small pinch of salt and black pepper and let it cool slightly.
- After that wash your duck thoroughly and fill it with two cups from the mixture.
- In an oven tray, lay your mixed vegetables and add two cups of water then place the duck over them and cover the tray with an aluminium foil.
- Insert the tray in the oven until the duck is cooked, then remove the aluminium foil and let it take a golden colour.
- Put the duck with vegetables in a serving dish and serve it hot as a special Arabian recipe.
Note: This recipe is one of the delicious recipes with Zaatar that can be prepared in lunches with green salad.
To wrap it up, after presenting you with 2 delicious recipes where Zaatar adds a distinct flavour to, it’s worth mentioning that Nahda offers you a luxurious top-seller Palestinian Zaatar in a 500gm to be used in various delicious recipes.